For products bought on the Unity Asset Store or directly from me (via Paddle), the Terms and Conditions of the Unity Asset Store EULA applies. To reiterate what is stated on the Unity Asset Store EULA, you agree that you will not, and will not allow any third party to:
- Copy, sell, license, distribute, transfer, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Unity Asset Store or the Assets, unless otherwise permitted (3.8)
- It is emphasized that the END-USERS shall not be entitled to distribute or transfer in any way (including, without, limitation by way of sublicense) the Assets in any other way than as integrated components of electronic applications and digital media or in supporting physical marketing materials (2.2)
- END-USER is granted a single seat license to install and use any Asset categorized in the Asset Store as an "Editor Extension" “Scripting”, or “Services” (collectively, “Extension Asset”) only on a maximum of 2 computers. For the avoidance of doubt, Extension Assets are licensed on a per seat basis and may not be shared or used concurrently on more than 2 different computers (2.3)
Note that I cannot be held responsible for any misread information in regards to asset functionality on this website, social channels or the Asset Store page. Once a product is purchased and downloaded, there can be no assurance that the asset is not being used despite the refund request. Therefore as a general rule and in accordance with the Unity Asset Store EULA, all sales are final and there shall be no refunds except as required by law (2.9.1).
Please also see this Unity Support article regarding refunds.
I may, at my sole discretion, consider refund requests as eligible in the case of non-downloaded purchases only. If you did not download or import the asset after your purchase and would like to request a refund, please follow the process as outlined below.
- Send me an email and state the full product name in question along with your Asset Store invoice or Paddle order number (e.g. OR302xxxxxx)
- I will then verify your invoice no. regarding its status on the Unity Asset Store or my backend
- Only if the invoice no. is valid and reports a non-downloaded purchase, I will open a refund inquiry with the Unity Asset Store or Paddle
- You will receive a response acknowledging that your refund request has been fulfilled
- The reselling party sends the funds back to your purchasing account within 10 working days
You can find my email address on the website's legal page.
Examples of valid refund requests (asset was not downloaded):
- I accidentally purchased a cart full of assets meant to be placed into a long-term wishlist for future consideration
- I accidentally put the asset, along with other assets, in my cart and purchased it
- I bought the asset twice, with a different account
Examples of invalid refund requests:
- I just bought it, but it's not what I thought
- Due to the poor economic situation I was fired from my main job. I rent an apartment with my wife, she was also fired
- I purchased [asset] today. After the purchase we found out that your asset requires [plugin] (which is stated on the Asset Store page)
- Is it possible for me to get a refund for the asset and repurchase it, as it is on sale currently
- I would like to request a refund as I am having multiple problems using it (use the support forum)
- There is nothing that is helping me, the screen is pink and I did every instruction step by step (use the support forum)
- Your asset won't be used by me, because I don't require the functionality it has (but the asset was downloaded already)