I am providing support under the following Terms and Conditions:
- Free: When buying my products, you are paying for months of man hours prototyping, development time and battle-tested solutions with well-written documentation. I am providing Asset Support on top as a voluntary bonus, for free.
- Fair Use: I do Asset Development in my spare time and try to help out as much as I can. The amount of support requested should not exceed the scope of reasonable levels.
- Response Times: I aim to respond within 24 hours, except on weekends. As a general rule, please allow up to 3 days for a response.
- Support Channel: Communication of support takes place on the respective public forum thread and therefore no code sharing is allowed.
For a link to each asset's Support Thread, please see the asset's documentation sidebar. Read below on what is covered by FREE support.
- Answering questions or providing guides about how to use the asset
- Updates to ensure ongoing compatibility with (non-beta) Game Engine versions
- Technical questions about the asset's built-in features and functionality
- Assistance with reported bugs and issues
- Discretionary package updates
- Game Engine Assistance: core engine features such as input, UI, animation, navigation, lightmapping or render pipelines are not specific to my assets and well explained in official tutorials.
- Programming Assistance: I am always offering ideas & concepts or code snippets for a custom feature by request. However, I do not teach the basics of programming or provide finished code in all cases.
- General Development Topics: general topics such as Android build setup, ad networks, App Store submission, networking servers or integration of 3rd party assets are out of support.
- Asset Conflict Resolution: all of my assets are in a separate namespace, but clashes between script class names might occur with the use of 3rd party assets that do not follow common coding standards.
- Customization: requesting a change to the design, models or workflows which are not an included option or feature is a customization request and not part of customer support.
- Other Client Work: all services to modify, extend or integrate the asset beyond its original features, style and functionality described on the store page. For adapting the asset to your specific requirements, I would recommend contacting other developers for voluntary or paid contracts.
Examples of invalid support requests:
- Can you replace the player model? (Game Engine Assistance, Customization)
- How do I upload my app to the App Store? (General Development Topics)
- How do I remove a UI button in your sample scene? (Game Engine Assistance)
- I attached my script, can you make it work? (Programming Assistance)
- I get an 'namespace already contains...' error (Asset Conflict Resolution)
- We need [Feature] in our app only, could you add it for us? (Other Client Work)
When paying for PREMIUM support on the FLOBUK website, you get access to an email address that converts your requests into tickets. Please see your order confirmation for this email address. Neither your contact details nor any ticket contents are disclosed to the public, making it possible to share code or even full projects. As a summary, on top of what is included in FREE support, PREMIUM support includes:
- Email Ticket System
- Guaranteed Reply
- Weekend Responses
- Code or Project Debugging (when reasonable)